SAME SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Mission: To aid qualified and interested students who
desire an education and career in engineering, architecture,
science, math, or a related field of study through a
competitive and merit-based
scholarship program, while promoting the achievement of both
educational and personal goals, and furthering the mission of the Society
of American Military Engineers (SAME).
|Schedule for 2012/2013 Scholarship Program|
|January 2013||Start distributing applications|
|April 13, 2013||Deadline for applications|
|June 2013||Notification and Distribution of scholarships to recipients at monthly SAME Post Meeting|
Congratulations to our 2012 Scholarship recipients!|
On June 21, 2012, the SAME Charleston Post will award $13,000.00 total in scholarships to five area high school seniors and five college students at their monthly Post meeting at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport in North Charleston, SC. With the goal of aiding qualified and interested students who desire an education and career in engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study through a competitive and merit based program, the Charleston Post had a record number of applicants. Due to the growth and success of the Post the last several years, a record number of scholarships were awarded, contributing to the $1 million scholarships SAME Posts award annually around the globe.Eligibility Criteria:
1. Graduating high school senior or undergraduate college student.
2. Must be a resident of Charleston, Berkeley, or Dorchester County, or be a member, spouse, or child of a member of the Charleston Post or member of the Citadel Student Chapter of SAME.
3. G.P.A. of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or greater for high school and college.
4. Accepted or confirmed enrollment in an accredited U.S. college or university studying undergraduate engineering, architecture, science, math, or a related field of study in 2012/2013.
1. SAT and/or ACT test results
2. 2 recommendations by advisor/counselor and/or instructor/professor (include Name/Position/Phone No./Email)
3. 2-3 page double-spaced essay describing explaining your interest in engineering or a related field of study.
4. Acceptance letter from college or university
5. Academic background and achievement to include high school/college transcripts
6. Leadership (in school, civic, academic achievement etc)
7. Extra-curricular activities
The board of Charleston SAME officers will make competitive selection with no regard to race, color, creed, sex, or national origin.
Christopher J. Hinson, Sr. P.E.
Lead Structural Engineer
3509 Iron Horse Drive
Ladson, SC 29456